HOW TO GET HELP
|GET YOUR TICKETS TO SHOP|
|DATE:||Wednesday, December 13th|
|Please Note:||First Come, First Served|
|DAY 1: TOY STORE OPENS FOR SHOPPERS|
|DATE:||Thursday, December 14th|
|DAY 2: SHOPPING CONTINUES|
|DATE:||Friday, December 15th|
|DAY 3: FINAL SHOPPING DAY|
|DATE:||Saturday, December 16th|
TIPS FOR GETTING TICKETS:
- Tickets may be obtained in person on Wednesday, December 13th from 4:00pm-7:00pm.
- There is no registration ahead of time.
- The line for tickets forms early (people begin arriving several hours in advance) and can be quite long.
- Persons should dress warmly and not bring children if at all possible (however, never leave children unattended at home).
- After receiving a ticket, the ticket holder will be told what day and time to come back to select gifts for each eligible child.
HOW TO SHOP AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR SHOPPING TICKET:
- The day and time for you to return and shop will be printed on the ticket you receive.
- Shopping will be December 14th, 15th and 16th in the afternoons, based on the time printed on your ticket.
- ONLY DAVIDSON COUNTY residents who have not received gifts from other programs are eligible.
- Parents or legal guardians will be admitted once during the four-day period to shop for free gifts for children and teens ages 0-18.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE SERVICE CENTER
5117 HARDING PLACE
NASHVILLE, TN 37211
THINGS YOU NEED ON SHOPPING DAY
No pre-registration is necessary, but the parent or guardian must bring the following on their shopping day:
- Picture I.D. for parent or guardian
- Proof of Davidson County residence (such as utility bill, rent receipt, etc.)
- Something official showing children’s name and date of birth (such as birth certificate; government assistance card or letter; shot record; etc.). Social security cards are not necessary.
- Proof of Income: (such as pay stub; government assistance letter; separation from work notice; child support letter; other proof of need)
Out of fairness to all in need, only those families in Davidson County who have NOT already received toys through other Toy Programs will be eligible for assistance. Also, each child may only receive toys from one family member or guardian. For example, if a mother gets toys for her children, a grandparent or other family member may not get toys for those same children.
This information is also available in both English and Spanish by calling:
English: (615) 476-4349
Spanish: (615) 476-4349